Effective as of October 18, 2019
XII. How to Contact Us
II. How does Nutrabolt collect your Personal Data?
Nutrabolt collects data to operate and improve our services and to personalize your experience. We collect information from you in several ways including:
- When you visit and interact with our websites including submitting a posting to any of our forums, message boards, review areas, chats, messaging services, profile pages or other areas of the websites.
- When you voluntarily provide information to us when registering on our websites directly or through social networking sites such as Facebook, Facebook Connect, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- When you browse or use our websites, technological tools including “Log Data” and “Cookies” collect certain information, as further explained here.
- When you enter purchase information, place orders, make exchanges or returns, or when you request information about products and services offered on our websites.
- When you contact our call center or customer service department.
- When you enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or questionnaire or subscribe to a newsletter.
- When you provide us with comments or suggestions.
- When you download a Nutrabolt app from our websites or an app store.
- When you use social media in connection with our websites.
- When you attend our events, events we sponsor or participate in our field marketing activations or other activities.
III. What Personal Data does Nutrabolt collect from you and how do we use it?
When you use our websites or otherwise interact with our company, brands or products as described in Section II of this Notice, you may be asked to provide Personal Data such as your name, age, gender, photo, general background information, location/hometown, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, biometric data, fitness level and fitness goals, activities, and interests. We may use your Personal Data (in some cases, in conjunction with your “Non-Identifying Information,” see below) for the following reasons:
- Communications. We use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you with an “opt-in” mechanism. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “preferences” in your User account settings.
- Contracts. We use your Personal Data to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection, and for any other purpose with your consent.
- Credit/Debit Card Information. If you use a credit or debit card for any purchase, we will collect and retain the necessary information about such card that you submit (through our third party processors who keep the credit or debit card information confidential) to complete that purchase, as well as keep a history of your purchases. We use the collected information to process your purchases and to better assist you when you contact us.
- Order Fulfillment. We use your Personal Data to assist us in fulfilling orders you place with us, such as making shipping arrangements and contacting you about back orders, returns or exchanges.
- Operation, maintenance, and improvement of our websites, products, and services. We use your Personal Data to aid us in the operation and maintenance of our websites. We also use such information to help us improve our websites and the products and services we offer to you through our websites in order to better serve you and our other customers.
- Process contests. We use your Personal data to help us process contest entries and deliver rewards as a result of such contests.
- Customer service. We use your Personal Data to:
- personalize your experience and deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
- better service you when responding to your customer service requests and questions;
- send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services; and
- follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
We also collect Non-Identifying Information using various technical tools such as cookies, tracking pixels and log data. For more information on these tools, click here.
IV. Reasons We Share Your Personal Data.
Website Users. When you register through our websites and submit your Personal Data to create a profile, other website users will see your name. If you choose to provide additional Personal Data in your profile, website users will see such additional Personal Data including your photo, location, website, and biography. Providing additional Personal Data is voluntary and should correlate with the degree of interaction you want to have with other website users. We recommend that you refrain from disclosing any information you consider sensitive and/or confidential.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Data, and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information (such as general (non-specific) geographic location, device/browser technology, onsite behavior, population data, user segmentation, and survey results) and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in this manner will not contain your Personal Data.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to (i) facilitate the operation of our websites, (ii) operate our websites on our behalf, (iii) perform website-related services (e.g., maintenance services, database management, web analytics, and improvement of our websites’ features), (iv) assist us in analyzing how our websites are used, (v) facilitate and deliver the various forms of communication described in Section III of this Notice, (vi) perform data analytics services, and/or (vii) track, personalize, and deliver marketing or other promotional materials. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Permitted Sites. We allow users to link their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, and other social media accounts to our websites, and may allow linking to accounts of future social media sites as they are developed. Users can then post their recent activity on our websites to their social media accounts. You will be prompted to decide whether or not your activity on our websites will be shared and disclosed on your social media account. Unless the SNS has received your Personal Data independently of our websites, these SNSs will only have access to your Personal Data (not including credit or debit card information) for the purpose of making the link to your User Account. You can disable the foregoing feature at any time by logging into your profile and selecting the option to disable this sharing option. Further, you may be able to edit your privacy settings for the content that you post which appears on such an account by making selections in your “Edit Profile” settings via our websites.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Nutrabolt cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We can disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process including subpoenas and litigation, and to protect the safety, property, and rights of Nutrabolt or other parties or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be illegal, unethical or legally problematic.
Business Transfers. Nutrabolt may sell, divest, transfer, assign, share or otherwise engage in a transaction that involves some or all of our assets, including any or all of the information described in this Notice, in the course of a corporate divestiture, merger, acquisition, joint venture, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization or any other similar transaction or proceeding.
Miscellaneous. In addition to the above, Nutrabolt may disclose Personal Data to our subsidiaries and/or affiliates; to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; for any other legitimate business purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or with your consent (where appropriate).
V. Protecting Your Personal Data.
We are committed to the security of your information. We use the appropriate safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of information collected and maintained through our websites. Our websites are scanned on a regular basis for security holes, malware, and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our websites as safe as possible.
No system, however, is ever completely secure from unauthorized activities.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We ask you not to share your password with anyone, and Nutrabolt will never ask you for your password, credit card information or Personal Data in any unsolicited communication such as phone calls or emails. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the websites or using unsecured public WiFi when accessing your User account.
Nutrabolt complies with applicable security breach notification laws.
VI. Transfers to Other Countries
Nutrabolt may share your Personal Data as described in Section IV of this Notice, which means that your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers or with third party processors located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction. Your Personal Data may therefore be subject to privacy laws of other jurisdictions. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, Nutrabolt may transfer your Personal Data to the United States and process it there.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to ensure that your Personal Data will remain protected in accordance with this Notice. These safeguards include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of Personal Data between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect Personal Data they process from the EEA in accordance with European Union data protection law. Our Standard Contractual Clauses can be provided on request. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with our third party service providers and further details can be provided upon request.
VII. Data Retention and Deletion
Nutrabolt keeps your Personal Data for varying amounts of time depending on the type of Personal Data collected, and where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, including customer services, processing product orders, making data-driven business decisions, maintaining appropriate business and financial records, complying with our legal and regulatory obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your Personal Data for as long as you are a Nutrabolt customer. For example, we keep your order history, payment information, account information (including personal goals and product preferences), email address(es), and shipping and billing addresses.
If you request, we will delete or anonymize your Personal Data so that it no longer identifies you, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain Personal Data, including situations such as (i) an unresolved issue related to your User account, (ii) tax, audit, and accounting obligations, (iii) an unresolved claim, dispute, allegation or litigation, and (iv) mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction including regulatory obligations to preserve data relevant to an investigation.
VIII. How To Access and Control Your Personal Data
Email Communications. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive email communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “preferences” in your User account settings.
Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our websites, you can choose to have your computer notify you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You would do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies preferences. Please note that if you turn cookies off, some website features will be disabled and you may not be able to use all portions of our websites or all functionality of our websites. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please see our Cookies Notice or let us know at the contact information for our Privacy Team provided below.
De-Linking Social Networking Services (SNSs). If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter) linked to your User account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the “preferences” section in your User account settings.
Changing or Deleting Your Information. You may access, review, update, correct or delete the Personal Data in your User account (including any imported contacts) by contacting our Privacy Team at email@example.com or 4407 Monterey Oaks Blvd., Suite 150, Austin, Texas 78749, USA, Attention: Privacy Team or by editing your profile via our websites. If you completely delete all of your Personal Data, then your User account may be deactivated. If you delete your User account and any other contributions from our websites, copies of your records may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other website Users. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Other Options. YYou may also, if you are resident in the European Economic Area, have the following data protection rights:
- request to be informed of and have access to the Personal Data we process about you;
- request that we amend or update your Personal Data when it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- request that we delete your Personal Data;
- request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your Personal Data;
- object to us processing your Personal Data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- object to your Personal Data being processed for direct marketing purposes; and
- request a copy of your Personal Data in electronic format and be able to transmit that Personal Data for use in another party’s service.
You can exercise these rights by contacting our Privacy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4407 Monterey Oaks Blvd., Suite 150, Austin, Texas 78749, USA, Attention: Privacy Team.
California Residents. Users of our websites who are California residents may request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact our Privacy Team at email@example.com or 4407 Monterey Oaks Blvd., Suite 150, Austin, Texas 78749, USA, Attention: Privacy Team.
IX. Other Important Privacy Information
Minors’ Use of the Websites
Our websites are not directed to minors (persons under the age of majority in their relevant jurisdiction), and we will not knowingly collect Personal Data from minors. If you are a minor, do not use or provide any information on any of our websites, or on or through any of its features, make any purchases through our websites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our websites or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a minor without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we may have any information from or about a minor, please contact our Privacy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4407 Monterey Oaks Blvd., Suite 150, Austin, Texas 78749, USA, Attention: Privacy Team.
Effective October 1, 2019, Nevada residents may opt out of the sale of certain personal information collected by website operators. Although we do not currently sell personal information (as “sale” is defined under Nevada law) or have any plans to sell personal information, you may contact our Privacy Team at email@example.com to opt out of any future sale of your personal information.
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- You can visit our site anonymously.
- If we make a material change to this Notice, we will post on our website home page a notice that such a change has been made.
- You can change your personal information:
- By sending any updates to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- By logging in to your User account and managing your preferences.
How do our websites respond to Do Not Track signals?
Your browser settings may allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites you visit. Our websites, similar to many other websites and online services, do not respond to DNT signals.
Non-Identifying Information. We also collect other information that you provide as part of your registration on our websites, that cannot reasonably be used to identify or contact you (e.g., age and individual preferences) (“Non-Identifying Information”). Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Data if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be personally identified or contacted, but the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other Non-Identifying Information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Data with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other website Users to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of our websites and to analyze and understand how our websites are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
Log Data. When you visit our websites, whether as a registered User or a non-registered User, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as the browser type, IP address or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our websites, pages of our websites that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our websites, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of our websites and our websites’ technical administration, to increase our websites’ functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our websites and marketing or promotional materials to our visitors’ needs. For example, some of this information is collected so that when you visit our websites again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests. We also use this information to verify that visitors to our websites meet the criteria required to process their requests.
XI. Changes to This Notice
It is our practice to post any changes we make to this Notice on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat your Personal Data, we will notify you through a notice on our websites’ homepages. The date this Notice was last modified is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date, active, and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting our websites and reviewing this Notice to check for any changes. By accessing or using our websites, you agree to this Notice. Your continued use of our websites after we make any changes to this Notice is deemed to be acceptance of those changes.
XII. How to Contact Us
If you have a privacy concern, complaint, suggestion or question for Nutrabolt, or wish to exercise your rights related to your Personal Data, please contact our Privacy Team at email@example.com or Woodbolt Distribution, LLC d/b/a Nutrabolt, 4407 Monterey Oaks Blvd., Suite 150, Austin, Texas 78749, USA, Attention: Privacy Team.